Anonabox Pro Latest Firmware (4.4)
Important, Please Note;
This Firmware is only for the Anonabox Pro Model which is pictured below. Attempting to flash this firmware to another device may damage it.
Download Latest Firmware: Version 4.4
- md5sum checksum: b3ee84260292434534f4ddcdb01bd9e9
- sha256sum checksum: bb17cddc0b4fee74fd58899f9af80ccf4b1a0ca6513c5febe1bd243d08d9a160
- Update OpenWRT to latest version Designated Driver / Trunk along with all relevant packages, including Tor and OpenSSL.
- Patches for KRACK attack and other Security Updates
- Update Tor to Latest recommended version 0.3.1.8
- Update All Relevant Packages for latest security updates
- Improved VPN failover saftey scripts
- Updated Links in Software section to download and install open source apps from OpenWrt Community repos.
- Add Support for Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN
- Additional Support for onion web hosting and USB drive mountpoints
Get a Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN Trial Code
Already have an Anonabox PRO device and want to try out the new PIA VPN interface? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org these items:
Email Used for Order
Retailer (Anonabox.com, Amazon, NewEgg, Rakuten)
Once we receive your request we will verify the information and send you a 30 day trial code for PIA VPN!
If you would like to sign up for a new account with Private Internet Access VPN service, click Here
If you are upgrading from version 4.3, you will need to take an aditional step in order to upgrade to this version because it is a major upgrade. We have written some notes about this in the wiki: wiki but in a nutshell, you need to first reset your anonabox back to factory defaults before you do the upgrade. Especially if you have been using it for a while. This only applies to version 4.3, and only if you have been using it for a while. Before you upgrade to 4.4, log into the admin interface and click on thesystem dropdown and select backup/flash firmware, and on that page click the button that says reset. You will be prompted one time to confirm the change. After that your device will reboot on its own, and after it is done rebooting it will be ready to upgrade to 4.4 or higher using the regular steps below.
How to Install New Firmware
Download the file to your computer and save it somewhere where it is easily accessible, like your desktop.
Connect to the Anonabox User Interface (Step 2 in the User Manual)
Use the ‘System’ tab and select ‘Backup/Flash Firmware’.
You may want to create a back up of your current settings. You can do so by clicking ‘Download Backup.’
Begin by clicking the ‘Perform Reset’ Button. This will erase any additional files being stored on the device and make sure you have sufficient file space for the new firmware.
Reconnect and enter the interface and navigate back to the ‘Backup/Flash Firmware’ section under the ‘System’ tab as outlined previously.
De-select the box next to ‘keep settings’
Click ‘choose file’ and find the firmware file (anonabox_model_firmware_version.bin) that you have downloaded onto your computer.
Once you have chosen that file click ‘flash image…’
Update may take several minutes, but when completed, use your device as normal.
You may trash the downloaded file once the update is completed.